Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Finally...I know!

Alright, alright! We give! Here's the John Maughan Family Blog! We'll see how often I update this.

Things are good here! After rain, hail and even snow this weekend the Portland Area is bright and sunny again! Both John and I are busy with work and life if general. John's scouts are finally starting to get into the camping spirit, so they're out in the woods, snow, who know's where else at least one weekend a month. John's also been snowboarding the past couple weekends, claiming last weekend had the best snow ever with a foot of fresh powder! (Lucky!!!)

I'm trying to stay on top of things with work, relief society, activities, photo shoots (thanks Kelly for the camera for the wedding last weekend...you rock...it was so much fun I think I'm going to break down and invest in a digital!) and I'm still trying to figure out this whole mom thing! It's fun! I can't complain except for that there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day! I'm really excited for spring to finally be here so I can start working in the yard!

As for the little man Peyton...he's as cute as ever, busy as any 1 year old could possibly be, getting into everything and LOVING that he can now open all the doors in the house! I guess it's time to invest in either door knobs to replace all the handles or install a few door guards...bummer! He's also elated that he can now climb up onto things. The other day at work he climbed right up our step stool and getting him off caused quite the commotion! He's fun and makes everyone around him smile, so I have absolutely no complaints! I'm sure some of you are wondering how his heart is, it's doing great as far as we can tell for now. He's back into the cardiologist in June, so that will be his first official check up in almost a year, so we're hoping this one goes as well as the last one! His growth is still on track, so no worries there!

We're glad to see everyone else has blogs so that we can see what everyone is up to...so don't forget to keep them updated...I'll try to do the same! The Gorgeous Georges blog is great! One day I hope to be cool enough to be included on that one too!

4 comments:

The George's said...

Way to go Tish. I'm excited to see what is going on with you guys up there. We still have this TV waiting to come up to you guys. let us know if anyone is coming your way before we get up there.

Gotolson said...

Finally! Just kidding! You have to add more pics! I heard your coming down in a couple of weeks, good it's about time. See you then.

Monica said...

Yay I have another friend to add to ours we look like loosers because we don't have very many.

Jody Weiss said...

Tish!! I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen you or Summer! I'm so glad to hear you are both doing well! Your little boy is so cute!!! I can't wait to read more updates!