Saturday, April 26, 2008

Planting Day!

Hoping that we're done with the snow and crazy weather around here we got our garden started today. I've had a few things going inside, but it was way past due to get them out into bigger pots. I spent a good 2 hours looking for the sprinkler pipes we put in so that we could eventually put in a drip system, hoping to do that today, with nothing but very muddy shoes to show for it! When John got back from camping with the Scouts I gave him that task for this week so that I can get everything else planted next weekend.

Of course I had my #1 helper out there with me all day. Peyton was hilarious. The grass needs to be mowed, so he won't walk in it, and he HATES to have his hands touch it. It totally freaks him out. It's so funny to watch him! He drug the big shovel around on the patio for about 1/2 an hour until he had broke out in a sweat, then decided to trade it in for the little one so that he could actually dig with it. He had a real attachment to the bags of potting soil too. He was finding all kinds of ways to have fun with them. It was a very fun day!

2 comments:

The George's said...

I can't wait to see how things grow over the summer. Got to love having helpers that don't complain.

Gotolson said...

I'm so glad to see that he loves dirt too. I remember you were quite a dirt eater! It must run in the blood.